The most recognisable symbol of the island is the Church of the Mother of God on the lake with a long and diverse history. Amidst the greenery, you can explore interesting island buildings such as the bell tower, curacy and provost's house, small hermitage and some other mysterious legendary buildings.
The wishing bell is popular among the many visitors who come to the island. When they ring the bell, they recommend themselves to the Mother of God and express their wishes and requests for her to hear them.
The sexton's house is located at the south staircase. The sexton's house and the hermitage are now connected by a building that was constructed in the second half of the 20th century and was named "Potičnica" in 2012.
The source of a small spring can be found on the north shore, where a stone chapel of Our Lady of Lourdes has been carved in the slope since 1888.
- Walk up the stairs and stop at the historic chapel.
- Ring the wishing bell.
- Climb to the bell tower to enjoy in a beautiful view and see the mechanical oscillation clock in action. From there you can also see the wishing bell if you look towards the top of the church.
- Try one or more types of traditional Slovenian potica cakes at Potičnica.
- Walk through the sales gallery and pick a souvenir.
- Walk along the path around the island.
For more information about the region, please click on -> Bled Tourist Board